Updated: Dec 14, 2018
I’m writing to tell you about two exciting opportunities. First, the Rappaport Family Foundation emailed us to announce that they are pledging $2 million in the next two years to mobilize, train and develop student leadership. This is an effort to safeguard America’s democracy and strengthen communities. They anticipate making investments of $50,000 to $250,000 into organizations around the country who are involved in this critical work. They’re currently accepting letters of intent for this initiative’s newest grant cycle. Letters are due August 4th and grantees will be announced in September. Those interested should read the official announcement here and/or email Catalina Ruiz-Healy at email@example.com. You may also visit rffspark.org.
Next, NCRP’s Impact Awards are just a few months away and we want to feature your work in a room of progressive social justice funders! Once again we’ll be creating oversized posters that detail the work of our member organizations. These posters will adorn the reception space during the 2017 NCRP Impact Awards. If you want to capitalize on this opportunity to have your work seen by those whose life work is to fund social justice efforts, please find information below on how you can be considered. Please keep in mind that we cannot make posters for each and every one of our members, so those interested should submit right away for a chance to be included. Also, the event is free for all to attend, so I’ve included information regarding that as well.
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for our poster project:
· Statement of Mission (25 words or less)
· A story of Impact (100 words or less detailing a specific aspect of your organization’s work and the results of that work – for example: “Our organization has been fighting recidivism since 2014. Last year was the first year in 10 decades with decreased recidivism in our state.”)
· 1 high quality photo at least 300 dpi that depicts this work and/or your organization.
· Your organization’s logo
To attend this free event, email email@example.com with the names and titles of those who’d like to join us. For members in attendance, we’re planning to:
· Recognize members from the stage & encourage attendees to mingle with you
· Provide a list of attendees for you to strategically plan your time in this space
· Have members take photos with NCRP leadership, board members, and winners of the 2017 Impact Awards
· Have name tags that identify you as members of NCRP
The Impact Awards are being held on September 18th at the New Orleans Marriott on 555 Canal Street starting at 6:30 pm.